Chemical, Pharmaceutical and Beverage Workers Exposed to Asbestos
Workers at refineries, chemical plants, pharmaceutical and food and beverage plants are at risk for exposure to asbestos.
Even though the companies that manufactured asbestos-containing products knew the dangers of exposure since the early 1900s, they were still sold and used widely throughout these plants.
Asbestos-containing products were used within boilers, valves, insulation, gaskets, ovens and other equipmentbecause of its resistance to heat. Additionally, asbestos does not corrode like other insulating products.
Unfortunately, workers within these refineries, factories and plants were never warned of the dangers of inhaling or being exposed to asbestos fibers and dust. Doctors now diagnose between 2,000 and 3,000 new cases of mesothelioma in the United States each year.
The Wilentz Personal Injury Team has represented clients exposed at the following facilities:
- Exxon/Esso/Standard Oil/Bayway Refinery, Linden, New Jersey
- Pabst, Newark, New Jersey
- Anheuser Busch, Newark, New Jersey
- Tetley/Tenco, Linden, New Jersey
- Maxwell House, Hoboken, New Jersey
- Merck, Rahway, New Jersey
- Squibb, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- Hoffman LaRoche, Nutley and Belvedere, New Jersey
- American Cyanamid, Linden and Bound Brook, New Jersey
- DuPont, Parlin/Sayreville, Linden and Newark, New Jersey
- Ciba Geigy/Toms River Chemical, Toms River, New Jersey
- Ciba Geigy, Summit, New Jersey
- Celanese, Summit, New Jersey
- Hercules, Parlin, New Jersey
- JT Baker, Phillipsburg, New Jersey
- IFF, Union Beach, New Jersey
- Union Carbide/Bakelite, Bound Brook, New Jersey
- Colgate Palmolive, Jersey City, New Jersey and Staten Island, New York
- Allied Chemical, various locations
- Schering Plough, various locations
- Tenneco/Hayden Chemical, various locations
- Western Electric, various locations
Our clients from the above industrial plants belong to the following unions:
- Oil, Chemical & Atomic Workers/OCAW (many different local unions)
- Independent Chemical Workers Union GMP (various locals)
- United Steel Workers (many locals)
- Teamsters (many locals)
- Paperworkers (various locals)
You can find a full list of various jobsites where asbestos products were used within New Jersey and New York. If you are a worker exposed to asbestos and are now suffering with symptoms of mesothelioma, pleural asbestosis, lung cancer or any other asbestos-related disease, you may be eligible to file a claim.