Steel Workers Exposed to Asbestos
Workers involved in metal refining operations, foundries and steels mills have a high risk of being exposed to asbestos.
In addition to the insulated pipelines, boilers and similar equipment that are common within these industries, workers in metal refineries, foundries and steel mills may have been exposed to the high temperature refractory linings of:
These items were frequently in need of replacement and repair and were commonly composed of asbestos-containing products. Additionally, asbestos gloves, leggings and aprons were worn by workers near molten metals and asbestos cloth and blankets were used to moderate the cooling of metal castings.
Clients of the Wilentz Personal Injury Team were exposed to asbestos at some of the following sites:
- U.S. Metals/AMAX, Carteret, New Jersey
- ASARCO/American Smelting/AS&R, Perth Amboy, New Jersey
- Anaconda/Raritan Copper Works, Perth Amboy, New Jersey
- Ingersoll-Rand, Phillipsburg, New Jersey
- Raritan River Steel, Perth Amboy, New Jersey
- Sayreville Steel Mill, Sayreville, New Jersey
If you are a steel worker who was exposed to asbestos at any of these sites and you are currently suffering with an asbestos-related disease, contact us today for a free consultation. You can also look at our complete list of various jobsites where asbestos products were used in New Jersey and New York. Call us for more information at 855-800-0093.